1 pound small red potatoes, skins on
2 teaspoons oil or cooking spray
8 ounces lean ground turkey (15% fat)
1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 medium tomato, diced
3⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
3⁄4 cup salsa
- Slice potatoes into small circles about 1/4 inch thick.
- Lightly coat the potato slices with oil (or spray for 3 seconds with cooking spray).
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes, depending on desired darkness.
- Meanwhile, add ground turkey and chili powder to a skillet. Cook, stirring over medium heat (300 in an electric skillet) for 8-10 minutes or until turkey browns.
- Remove potatoes from the oven.
- Transfer baked potatoes to a casserole dish or an oven-safe dish. Top with turkey and sprinkle with cheese. Put back in the oven to melt the cheese, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cilantro, and salsa.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe and images are © https://foodhero.org, used with permission.