Baked Pasta with Tomatoes and Parmesan
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound rigatoni or penne pasta
- 2 (28-ounce) cans, whole tomatoes, crushed, or 4 pounds very ripe summer tomatoes, cored and sliced ½-inch thick
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place oil in a large bowl. Add dry pasta and stir until well coated; let stand for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes to pasta mixture; season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer to a 2½-quart baking dish. Cover with a parchment-lined aluminum foil. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes with a wooden spoon, for 45 minutes to 60 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, and stir to incorporate. Serve immediately.
I may try substituting the parmesan cheese with goat cheese to see the flavor enhances the dish.
This recipe was found on https://www.cheatsheet.com/